Thursday, August 6, 2009

Brick Wall?? I think so

Its good to be back writing again, anyways check out this wacky picture- 

                    looks like he hit the wall pretty darn hard there. 

     This picture relates to my walk with Christ lately, simply running as fast as you can, then smacking into a massive wall. The fall takes much time to recover from, for one cannot run as fast as they were before, but have to accelerate and gain momentum to get up to speed.  Likewise in our walk with Christ, no one can begin being on fire for Christ instantly or all the time, we have to prepare our hearts and commit everything to the Lord before our fire comes. Recently my daily walk with Christ has been like a wet fire that will not burn. The things I have said, my actions, my thoughts, my prayers, the way I have been looking at girls, etc... has not been aligned with what Christ wants, but what I want.  John 15:4 says, "Abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me." Consistently I find myself falling and falling and falling into the ways of this world and everytime the Lord scoops me the lost sheep up and reminds me of the path to take- the path that is straight and true. I love these lyrics that Casting Crowns sing because they are so true and relate so well to this very matter.  check it out- 
 Who am I? 
That the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
And watch me rise again.
Who am I? 
That the voice that calmed the sea,
Would call out through the rain,
And calm the storm in me.

Not because of who I am,
But because of what you've done.
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who you are.

- No matter who you are and what you have done, I would encourage you to look to the Lord for he understands you and your situation. So many people always say, "O I just don't think that the Lord understands me." But I am here to say, Of course he understands you! He created you and knows more about you than anyone does. Its amazing to see how great a father the Lord is to us daily, helping us and showing his love to us everytime we sin right in front of him! "For let us not be conformed by the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind." -Romans 12:2.  

Your brother in Christ, 

Matt Galvin
     +
Mg


No comments:

Post a Comment