Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Challenge

Dear Friends, Excitement is in the air! It is that time of year again! What time of year you ask, why it is that glorious time of year that I call KANAKUK! I cannot physically wait for another amazing month of sports, pain, new relationships, reconnecting with old friends, k-2 triathlete, and most of all- getting to know Christ better and growing in him, learning valuable life lessons. Since I am leaving tomorrow at 5 am, this will be my last letter unless the classic all-nighter is preformed. Though I will be gone, I challenge each of you to stay strong in Christ, stay in constant prayer as seen in 1st Thessalonians 5:17 "Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for You." Don't be afraid to be bold in your walk with Christ. I can think of many situations when the Lord gave me an opportunity to share the gospel with someone and I completely froze up and failed to take advantage of the chance that the Lord gave me. Its like fumbling the ball in the endzone when your about to score, but you come up short. I still regret fumbling the football in situations like these, but the Lord uses experiences like that to help us grow and become bold so that the next chance he gives us we can be strong. As a young believer, I've really stuck to a couple of verses that have always encouraged me. These verses are John 3:30, "He must become greater, I must become less," and Isaiah 41:10, "Do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." During pressing times these verses have always been faithful to spur me on and help lead me towards the right direction.

Have a blessed summer and stay strong in Christ my friends,

Matt Galvin
+
Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment