Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dependence

To the Believers,

Sometimes nothing seems to be going right in your life (as I say this none of my pencils seem to be working), but you just got to throw down your pride and put your dependence on Him. Though these frustrations you and I constantly go through never seem to end, the Lord has a unique purpose for them, even though we can't always seem what that is. Its only after going through the fire do we realize what exactly the Lord has planned for us. Suppose we never find out what the trial or frustration did to fulfill the Lord's perfectly crafted plan. But the Lord knows doesn't he. If our allegiance is with Him, then we needn't worry about such a thing, as long as we understand that ultimately it is for His glory. When writing about this subject, there are so many verses that come to mind that all accurately illustrate why we go through trials. But one came to mind, 1st Peter 1:6-7 (NIV) "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." So these frustrations and trials are tests of faith, and faith which Peter describes as being worth more than gold! He also goes on to say that Christ take pleasure in genuine faith, but when Jesus comes back (when Jesus Christ is revealed verse 7), he will honor us with praise and there will be much celebrating. (for an eternity too) Looking at the trials and frustrations that way gives you a little more eternal perspective than our normal whiny selfish way of thinking. The fact is though, life is not going to be a joyride in the park. The Lord never once voiced that to us. What he did say though, is to always be dependent on Hum and He will provide you the strength to pull through. Check out this verse shouting that out loud and clear, "For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:8 (NIV). All we need to do is simply put our dependence on him and he will straighten our ever so crooked paths. Today, (yesterday when I wrote this) I felt like the Lord layed some trials upon me, for I went through the fire, yet came out burned. I thought I could handle things on my own but no; the Lord was there to show me otherwise and it hit me like a couple of sucker punches to the kidneys! However, he isn't all just justice, (otherwise we'd all be screwed) for he is like a father, and he picked me up and put me back straight. Like always, my Father and Lord is ready and there for me.

Press on brothers and sisters in Christ,

Matt Galvin
+
Mg John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment