Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spiritual Fitness

Dear Friends, 

Sometimes one can become distracted with what the world has to offer. Today I must admit I have stumbled and found myself so wrapped in it that I have not spent time with the Lord lately. This is a difficult letter to write, for everything has been out of alignment. Just like running, its like trying to go run without having run in a month or a year. Everything is slow, the joints are tight and nothing feels right. You feel so out of place and would rather be on that couch watching sportscenter with a cup of coffee. However, the Lord, our coach, calls us to continue on with our workout, our life journey or race. To get up to speed just takes time and demands hard work and perseverance. 1st Corinthians 9:25-27 coins what I have just talked about perfectly by saying "Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that lasts forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it into a slave so after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." To be strong in our faith even Paul says we must train ruthlessly so that we can become spiritually fit so that we can be eligible to recieve the prize. What does spiritual training consist of for you?? It may be getting truly into the word everyday, praying and mentoring others, preaching the gospel or things of the sort. But the main point I'm getting at is that the Lord as well as Paul demands us to be doing the things that spur our relationship on with Him, instead of the things that drive us away from him, such as my error that I made. If we are going to run the spiritual race, RUN THE RACE WELL!

In Christ Our Father,

Matt Galvin
      +
Mg

No comments:

Post a Comment